Homer Halibut Hunters Cancellation Policy

At Homer Halibut Hunters, we have worked incredibly hard to create a fair and balanced cancellation policy. We hope you understand that our season is incredibly short here in Alaska. Cancellations can be devastating to the businesses here. This has been particularly challenging through Covid-19. We encourage everyone to explore trip insurance options.

There is a 20% cancellation fee based upon the total cost of the excursion once a reservation is made. If cancelling within 30 days of the excursion the entire booking is non-refundable unless we are able to rebook your seats in which case only the 20% booking fee would be retained. We will make every effort to rebook those seats. You are also welcome to sell them or gift them as well.

If your trip needs to be cancelled due to weather or a mechanical problem you will be issued a full refund. Please keep in mind that in the peak of our season it may be impossible to find you additional seats on another day should you trip be cancelled due to weather. We will make every effort to try and accommodate this but in the peak of our season literally every boat in Homer is full almost ever single day and there simply isn’t another boat to put you on. However, we will try!

Rarely will we cancel a trip the day before due to weather. The weather forecast is simply too unpredictable in our area. We know that many of you have morning drives to meet us. If the need to cancel arises due to weather, we will try and cancel with you as early in the morning as possible. Our policy is to cancel the morning of the trip.

If you have booked one of our long range excursions but the weather only allows for more local trip in more protected waters, then you are committing to fishing that day even on a downgraded trip. You will be refunded the difference in trip cost within 1 week of the downgrade trip. This refund can take a few days to post to your account.

We have an incredibly strong desire and commitment to giving you the best possible experience we can – from the minute you book your trip to the moment when you disembark. We have no desire to change or downgrade your trip, cancel your trip for weather, or any other reason, or give you anything but what you’ve signed up for. However, Alaska is wild country and there are a variety of reasons that may require us to move you to a different vessel. Should this happen you will be notified the night prior by email and by phone. Adjusting your reservation would never be our first choice and we do everything we can to get you out on the boat and crew you have been scheduled with.